The aim of the school is “to produce not mere intellectual giants, but humane and compassionate individuals, who will be prepared to face life with moral courage and conviction, always standing for what is right and worthy”.
Valaraigate Vidyalayam School was started with the sole aim of providing best possible education to the people of Thiruchengode (the native place of the trustees), irrespective of their economic status.
With the rich experience the trustees gained living in the USA, and with the technical expertise of educationists like Eurokids International Pvt. Ltd. and iDiscoveri Education Pvt. Ltd., the school soon became a trend setter in the field of primary school education in the region. The activity based teaching/ learning methodology, practical learning experience, colourful and safe ambience, huge collection of toys and play equipments, safe transport facility, all made it the most sought after school in the region.
Under the direct supervision of the trustees, the school is being updated on a continuous basis in any advances in the field of education, including the use of technology, practical application of what is being learnt, social awareness and duties etc. With a very young team of energetic and dedicated people behind, the school is all set to take education to a higher level, for others to follow.
Valaraigate Vidyalayam School aims to provide an integrated, holistic and sequential learning and personality development opportunity to its students and would:
- Guide them to acquire information, knowledge and understanding through books and other media, including the latest technologies.
- Provide them with important and relevant information, knowledge and understanding that would equip them for public and private life.
- Stimulate and nurture curiosity, creativity and an inquiring mind, leading to excellence.
- Develop an action oriented approach where knowledge is implemented and judiciously applied to real-world problems.
- Develop their skills for oral and written communication.
- Inculcate interest and foster talent in sports, games, the performing arts and the fine arts.
- Generally, promote their physical fitness and wellness.
- Ensure their involvement and participation in community affairs and environmental issues.
- Develop sensitivity to social justice and equity.
- Assist them to be responsible citizens who are compassionate and cooperative.
- Inculcate resilience and willingness to take calculated risks.
- Develop their sensitivity, self-confidence, self-esteem and respect for others.
- Promote the balanced social and emotional development of the students.
- Inculcate progressive liberal values and a global outlook.
- Help them to develop into leaders who will become significant contributory members of Indian and global societies.
- Help them to understand and analyse their strengths and weaknesses, building on the former and taking corrective action for the latter.
- Help them to define future academic pathways and long term career goals.
- Help them to achieve and learn to maintain standards of quality, efficiency, effectiveness and excellence.